Official US Lacrosse Inclusion Statement
Since its inception in 1998, US Lacrosse has supported and led efforts to expand the sport to underserved and underrepresented communities throughout the country. Among a number of initiatives, dozens of US Lacrosse financial and program grants are awarded annually to introduce the sport to new participants and audiences.
The 2013-2015 US Lacrosse Strategic Plan identifies inclusion as one of the organization's top priorities, and within that framework, the organization will continue to strengthen the resources it devotes to increasing access to the sport. Recently, US Lacrosse joined with other like-minded organizations to form the Urban Lacrosse Alliance, which hopes to expand urban lacrosse opportunities through shared strategies.
Diversity and Inclusion Links
- US Lacrosse Diversity and Inclusion Homepage
- US Lacrosse Top 10 Diversity and Inclusion Practices
- VIDEO: International Development (Suppported by FIL and US Lacrosse
- USL Working With Partners to Diversity the Sport (Lacrosse Magazine)
- US Lacrosse Attempts to be More Inclusive (Chesterfield (Va.) Observer)
- Diversity Efforts Slow to Pay Off, But It's a Start (Baltimore Sun)
- Grassroots Start-up in Prince George's (Md.) County (The Washington Post)
- Diverse Club Defies the Sports's Norm (Capital News Service)
- USL Hosts Diversity & Inclusion Retreat (Lacrosse Magazine)
- Diversifying Lacrosse Still Work in Progress (ESPN.com)
- An Unlikely Foothold: Planting Seeds in Newark (NY Times)
- Lacrosse Bridging the Gap in Baltimore (ESPN.com)